To enroll in the District of Columbia Caregivers' Institute program, you MUST meet the following program requirements:
- You must be a DC resident providing uncompensated caring for:an elder (age 60 and older) who is also a DC resident.
- Caregiving must create a financial burden for you.
- In addition, you must meet at least two of the five eligibility criteria as a caregiver:
- you care for an elder who needs help because of physical or mental limitations
- the elder you care for has low to moderate income
- you are experiencing stress related to caregiving
- you need support to assist with caregiving
- to avoid moving into a nursing home or assisted living facility, the elder needs you
If you meet the above requirements, contact us at (202) 464-1513 to be placed on the waiting list.
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4 pm.