Safe at Home Private Security Camera Program Restrictions
• Applicants must be an owner or tenant of a residential property that is located in the District of Columbia. Applicants who are tenants must provide documentation from the property owner approving the installation of the security camera system on the property.
• Until August 31, 2017, the Office shall accept applications only from Applicants whose property is located in the following Police Service Areas (PSA): (Please visit http://geospatial.dcgis.dc.gov/PSAFinder/ to determine the Police Service Area).
|First||103, 104, 105, 107, 108|
|Second||202, 207, 208|
|Third||302, 303, 305, 307, 308|
|Fourth||402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 409|
|Sixth||601, 602, 603, 604, 608|
• Beginning September 1, 2017, the Office shall accept applications from Applicants whose property is located in any PSA provided that funds still remain.
• Only one (1) security camera system per property address shall be eligible for this program.
• Residents of properties owned by the District of Columbia Housing Authority are not eligible.
• By participating in this program, the Applicant acknowledges that he or she will not use the security camera for any unlawful or harassing purposes and will comply with all applicable building and electrical code requirements.