If you are a victim of elder abuse, help is available!
Call the Adult Protective Services 24-hour hotline at (202) 541-3950
Common forms of elder abuse:
- Emotional or psychological abuse
- Self neglect
- Financial abuse or exploitation
- Frequent arguments or tension between the caregiver and the elderly person
- Sudden changes in the elder's financial condition
- Changes in the elder's personality or behavior
- Visible injuries such as broken bones, cuts, scars and bed sores
- Neglect may be indicated by the elder's lack of food, water, and personal grooming
How you can help:
- Listen to elders and their caregivers
- Intervene by reporting suspected abuse
- Educate others about how to recognize the signs of abuse
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4 pm.